Our neighbors to the North, Pearland High School Band, represented our area well on Wednesday in the Rose Parade in California. This annual event is held every New Year’s Day in Pasadena, Ca part of the pre-game celebration for the Rose Bowl. The 350 members band had the privileged to be invited due to their contribution in their community following Hurricane Harvey. We are very proud to have had Pearland High School performed Celebration in front of a national audience. The band performed the hit “Celebration” and came out looking really good on television.
The Pearland HS Band Rose Parade in numbers:
- 350: Numbers of band members
- 8: number of planes needed to transport the whole band and support from Houston to Pasadena, Ca
- 1: One million dollars was the estimated cost to participate in the Rose Parade, most was fundraised.
- 1: First performance ever for the school at the Rose Parade
- 55: Performers no 55 out of 88 for the Parade.
I hope the kids got to enjoy this once in a lifetime experience. This is the proof that a good deed never goes unnoticed.